Wednesday, July 20, 2011

so far behind I think I'm ahead

I was thinking on July 4th all the stuff I wanted to write about, well I forgot all of it now. But it was gonna be so cool. Then I thought about Kharley's pig, all that was just gross, so I won't mention that either.
So Kent and I are on vacation or staycation as they say now.  We stayed home for 2 weeks and he damned near killed me. So this is how I will update my blog..
 We got the pool up and the the kids are having so much fun, Kent even put me up a life guard station (4ft  18 round pool with life guard station)  okay okay Kyle is 3 foot nothing so It is very important I am out there at all times when he is here. I have my chair big umbrella and my nose is white, I look exactly like Pamela Anderson..................................................cough cough, maybe a lot like the main attraction at Sea World, but I don't care, its just me and my grandkids and other kids that show up and we are having a blast. Now the summer is almost over and I am going to have to go back to work, dang it!!
Jeannette came in for 10 days, we cooked and fished and shopped and watched movies and even went to an auction, it was so much fun.  I am going down on Friday with Janie and Kharley to a pig show and we will stay there for 1 or 2 nites then back home on sunday.  I'm sure Kent will miss me sooooooo muchhhhhh....more like his own 3 day staycation from me.
OMG!!! When Net comes in she shops like I don't, so she bought a tow sack full of lemons!?   we made the best lemon pies and lemon cake I have ever ate.  The only thing not from scratch was the pie crust. Paula Dean's recipe out of her magazine she is holding a lemon pie!  Guys and Girls it was "to die for"  OMG Good!! G double o D good, I'm telling you. I follwed that recipe to the letter, even figured out how to Zest a lemon, yeah me!   Jeannette polished silver while I made the cake..   I bought this silver at a garage sale for get this $2 with the little box that they came in.  When we got it in the car, Net about fell out, DO YOU KNOW what you just got??? I said forks and stuff...Well when she shined it all up, it is a beatiful place setting for 6 or 8 I think.  We use stainless or plastic around here, not much of the silver type people, but I will agree it is a pretty set. I will put it out at Christmas, if Glenda will let me borrow her dishes again ;)  Oh Lord I dont even want to think about Christmas now. 

Good Things on my mind
My friend Susan's New Kitchen
Sarah's family fishing tradition
Air Conditioning
Groceries in my pantry
Morgan's happines
Old and New Friends
Retirement
Country Living Magazines..

happy trails, till we meet again!!!  Nen

As I read back over this blog, I might be a little ADHD, you think?                     "SQUIRELL!!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment