Thursday, July 28, 2011

Drill Team Alumni

We have been asked to perform at the halftime for this years homecoming football game.  I contacted a few that I knew were still close and the meeting was tonite.  Word of mouth and Facebook gathered us up about 20 ex Rainettes.  The oldest Nan Satterwhite. 59-60 graduate, from the first drill team ever at Rains and then the last year is was in formation which was 95 Rachel Hendley.  It was a lot of fun, we laughed more about us all trying to do a routine than actually planning it.  We will get serious at the next meeting.

I talk about them grands alot I know, but today Kharley had a friend over and it is not Kentlee and Kyles day when she has company.  They all came and swam for a while got mad at them for being mean to the boyz and I sent them all home.  They start playing with the waterhose at Janies and Kyle ends up with a mud ball in his eye.  You could pull the bottom of his eye down and see mud just packed in there.  When I got to Janies she was drowning him in the sink with the sprayer trying to flush this mud ball out.  Some of it came out but not all.  It was the weirdest looking thing I have ever seen.  I had to leave for the meeting so she called her dad to come help her.  So Kent said to just go ahead and plant corn in there cause he can't figure out how to get it all out.   I just knew she was on her way back to the ER with Kyle......that boy!

I really need to go back to work and get on a regular routine.  Today I cooked the Coca Cola Cake that a friend gave me the recipe to.   OMG, it was wonderful,  I also fixed a roast with potatoes.  and for lunch I had the best tuna fish samwich I have fixed in a long long time.....if I had of had more bread I would have finished eating all of it.    So here I am eating like I am starving to death and have this drill team performance coming up.  I hope my routine has a chair involved.

reading the best book called the Help. so no more blogging for me for a while, I want to see how this ends.
good nite to all.......

1 comment:

  1. Did you choose a routine? When will you practice? What are you wearing? Angela (1990) wants to participate.

    ReplyDelete