There will be no more July 2011, it goes down in a flame of glory. One of the hottest on record. I think about Granny Jennie and Aunt Myrtle, and wonder how they would have made it thru this kind of heat. Neither had air conditioning and never complained. Granny would only turn on the ceiling fan if she had company. On hot days you could always catch her outside in the shade of the trees. Amazing.
Kharley and I went to WMart today and got her school supplies. This has always been my treat to her since she started school. The Boyz were off with their Dad so I jumped at the opportunity to have her by myself. I also jumped when the bill rang up at $53.00. She only got what was on the list too. No frills this year. This too was Amazing. I will take the boyz to get their supplies, this time I know it will be twice as much. Kentlee and Kyle's list is twice as long as Kharley's. Kyle gets to start PreK and Kentlee will be in Kindergarten. All three in school, finally.
Funny on Kyle (this time) Uncle Paul and Aunt Brenda (Paul is Hughlene's brother) came by to visit with me one day and the kids always check out my company, so they hadn't been here long when they pop in. Uncle Paul said to Kyle: "Hello there Marvin" Kyle: My name not Marbin!! It's Tile!! That same misunderstanding took place the entire time the kids were here. Kyle would put his hand on his hip and look dead at Uncle Paul correct him and carry on with his business. So damn funny. My name not Marbin It Tile.
When Kyle smells something he just can't figure out what it is, his saying is ALWAYS What dat smell like?
One time Susan called the house when Kharley was little Kharley asked Susan, What you look like? Susan said I look just like Susan.
Kentlee had friends over this weekend, he was showing them how to use all your manners. He would come on the back porch and in the nicest voice, he would say May I have a Root Beer Nen? Then Thank you and I love you. The other kids just stood there looking goofy. Kentlee would tell them to get what you want you hve to take your manners out of your pocket. He went with me the other day to get lunch at Connies, and on the way back I just said I hope Kyle likes what we got him. Kentlee said "Well you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" He just knows I love to laugh.
I finish the book "The Help" really good book and I don't read a lot. Jeannette sent it to me and told me I couldn't go see the movie until I read the book. It was a really good book and I am glad I get to go see the movie now. Comes out in August I think.
Kent and I got all gussied up (well for us anyway) and went to a wedding. Sweet wedding and the reception was at the Mineola Country Club. I was not impressed with the MCC at all. I had heard lots of talk about it and knew they played golf but I just figured it was more for the elite. Neither one of us were impressed with the building or bar and really thought we were overdressed. I wore white capri pants and Kent in his overalls. So I guess it really was our type of "country" club..
I have been invited to haul pig feed tomorrow, so top that all you faithful followers of the 3H blog!
Happy piggy tails and to all a good nite. Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment