Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ode to the doorknob!

This is a true story, no name are changed cause it don't matter..and innocence is for the innocent....
This morning at 415 like every morning for the past 35 years Kent gives me a kiss and leaves the house, HI HO HI HO it's off to work he goes....Then at 530 or so I roll out to start my day. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

 Imagine my surprise when I step out of the bed  reaching for the bathroom door and it slapped me in the face because the damn thing is locked! It rattled me pretty good cause I'm still half asleep and so I holler out... Kent! you still here??!!       No answer, I go look outside, the truck's gone so I go back to the door and try it again, its still locked.............thnking thinking thinking...........
I have another bathroom, so no worries, I just go in there and shower and get ready..........just wondering how that door got locked or why would he do that, it wasn't funny and then I thought....Well damn, my closet with the "good clothes" are in that locked bathroom...hummmmmmmm....Okay I have other clothes, this will not defeat me and  I go to the dresser and pull out some sweat pants and t shirt still thinking it won't be that bad ....okay I can do this..........no makeup no curling iron but my body is clean and I have on clean clothes, I can make this work........Then I go for my shoes........ I have no shoes in my dresser....................it's 28degrees outside you can't put on enough socks for that to work............
Just last nite I had like 5 pair of shoes laying everywhere all over the house, so I gathered them all up and put them away, even some of Kents of work boots and tenny shoes, all put up in there place, (in that locked up closet) .......house is in order, a good feeling...(that was last night) So a sense of urgency has now hit me. I really need to get into that bathroom.  I have this problem with lights being on and doors open, and I knew that was the case behind that locked door...not just the need for clothing and shoes but that door was open and the light was on..GRRR!!! The need for order in my house was getting overwhelming now!
  So I think..... Okay I"ll  get the hammer, screwdrivers and a nail (it just sounded like I needed one) I have seen Kent do this I can do this....so I start banging on the doorknob......(dumbass,,, it's glass,,,, what did you think would happen) So I go get the vaccum clean that up, then stand back as assess the situation........get that screw driver and jam it in that hole and pop that cover thingy off.............(sounded like a good plan)...screw driver snaps into, I hit my hand on the door....... I am really getting pissed now.......The only thing left was that nail.               And I thought save you some trouble and jam it in your eye and go the ER....but I didn't........I got me another cup of coffee and I call my Mr. Fixit neighbor, Stack,  to come help me out.  Tutz tells me he has already gone to work, sorry. So I get another cup of coffe and just start thinking, call work and explain this (yeah right, like they are gonna believe this one) then it hits ME.... (I need shoes, need that door closed so the light will go off....) get a paper sack and breath into it.  It will be okay!! He did this on purpose it aint funny and he knows it!!! calm, think calm thoughts find your happy place nen....okay I am better......

I go my Face book place and simply post it and I am  amazed how early and fast people respond to the dumbest shit......Cause that's what this day had started out like....A DUMB SHITTY DAY!!!   about that time Janie calls me and says MOM what have you done, well really I didn't do anything, this was all Kent's fault (innocently enough it was his fault) so I explained I was being held hostage by my shoes (as my sister says) so Janie is on her way to show me how to unlock my door                     (really?)
Guess what?  she can't unlock the door either, we visit for a little while, she goes back to work, I swear she was laughing but can't prove it, as she drives off, then I get another suggestion from facebook, this time from her co-worker, she will send her husband over and HE WILL UNLOCK THE DOOR........he gets here pretty quick, thank you Dougy, I be dang guess what he does, grabs a screw driver and pokes it in that hole and ask me what happened to your door knob...I say don't ask, just open the door. Screw driver trick won't work so He uses the 'Ole Credit Card Trick" and viola!!! Access to shoes!!!!!!
I had seen that done before but it never entered into my simple mind it would be that easy to do that.  I guess I thought it only would work in covert operations or something criminal...not just because the bathroom door was locked.
So that ladies and gentlemen (if any) is a true story of another day in the life of Nen!
Everyone else keep your finger crossed I don't get locked inside my house tomorrow =)
Love to all and to all a Good Nite!!  Nen

No comments:

Post a Comment