Sunday, December 26, 2010

The day after!

The fun just keeps happening. Today I was invited to Winnsboro for another party. Carla told me to bring a White Elephant gift. Well when I think "white elephant" I think anything you don't want now is the time to get rid of it. Well I have now found out "white Elephant" does not mean the same to all people. Needless to say my tiny white commode with sound effects did not go over real well. Colby I hope you remembered to take it home. This will drive Chelsey nuts!
We played Bingo..can't even write the word without thinking of Momma. Ishould save a bingo card from every game I play in her honor. When we cleaned her house out there in the favorite spot was a bingo card, I can hear her saying " I needed O76 for a win" She saved the card! Why? Oh well that is what made her so special.
Plans tomorrow you ask? Going shopping with my girls. Janie and Kharley. Going back to Tyler to exchange the clothes Kharley got. From Dec 1 to now she grew 6 inches in height. She will have to wear skirts with leggin's. We will not be able to find jeans long enough for her. She is built just like her daddy. All legs and arms.
Kent has gone pheasant hunting and has already called me twice. Once to say they weren't there yet and the other to say !We Made It! A man of few words. I hope he bags his limit, whatever it is.
Okay I am just gonna ramble for a while.
Beginning with Thanksgiving my sister comes up and we start decoration extravaganza!! My sister comes up and the tree is usually up by Sunday after T-giving. Some of the decor is up but not all. The beginning of December we have the McKenzie Christmas. This is all of Kent's Momma's side of the family. It is so much fun. We have it every year the first weekend in Dec. Tradition..love it. Then this year, my sister came back because the next weekend was the tour of homes. Nettie and I finished the home decor and we had more people than you could shake a stick at in and out of our home on that second Sunday in December. Then it was the Christmas party from the school. We went to my bosses house and had more fun. I have done very little shopping at this point and the mad dash to Tyler is on. The first week school is out, I have tons of shopping to do. Didn't think I could do it this year, but guess what............I did it! Christmas Eve is spent with Kent's dad Jack and his brother Tony and his family. We have had Pizza for several years, it is super easy and all the kids love it. Then Santa Comes on Christmas morning we go up to see what that old bogger has left for them grandkids. The joy of getting to see them when they discover all the loot he left is priceless. Janie, Jeff and the kids come on down after that and we have breakfast. Then open more gifts. You would think it was over, then you get a call from your brother and invites you to come and play canasta with his family or your best friend, that happens to be a sister to your sister in law and another invitation and more presents.....Just getting to be with family when you think you have no family left is the best gift of all. I am so fortunate and blessed to have gotten to speak to all of my brothers and sisters during this time of year.
Oh by the way in case there is one human out there that has not heard. My Christmas present this year was NO MORE DIAL UP INTERNET ACCESS.. I think this comparable to the first time my grandparents got off a party line...Sweet!!!
Well I am not as industrious as my friend Carla, as my floors are NOT swept or mopped and I have a sink full of dishes, but I have updated my blog. So Yeah for me!
As this year closes, I hope to all that keep up with the Happy Hayes House, you have had a good year and my wish to all is a better year to come.
Good nite to all and to all a Good nite. C-ya! Nen

No comments:

Post a Comment