The heat wave finally broke!! Yipee Skippy!! Today the cool breezes from the North is coming thru the front door and it feels wonderful. No Rain and for that I am sad, but the cooler weather is wonderful.
Jeannette shut up about keeping this updated. Get your own blog and you will see it is a time vacuum. I love you!!
Kent was asked to go Dove hunting with Damn Mac..( Danny Mac) he was so excited. He has shot bright orange clays for so long he hopes he can recognize a real dove when it flies by. Not sure how long he will be gone. I would guess as soon as the house is clean and all the laundry is done he will be back. We talked last nite about all the things to do today since we were both off it was going to be a really full day and then Dmmit called. I will see how much he gets done.
The kids are all settled into school and have the routine down now. After the first week was over, I ask Janie if I could take them to school in the mornings. They still ride the bus home in the afternoons. This is working well.
Kharley had another pig show, Hank got second place in the heavy weight division, Oscar got first. Both of these pigs are part of the pig family Kharley is showing with. Rains County fair is coming up pretty soon and I look for her/him to place pretty high in the division. She has shown him now 3 times and took 2nd place 2 out of 3 not bad for the first time to ever be around a pig. She just has a flare for it I guess.
Kentlee turns 6 on Monday 9-6-11 we had Keck as her says on Friday night, and lots of kids here to swim and play. Pa cooked hot dogs for all and it was just fun. Finally about 1030 everyone left. Kentlee was exhausted, this is about 2 hours past his bedtime. He loves his sleep. Kyle is the ever ready bunny. Kharley had a pig show in gilmer the next day so she still had barn duty to go do. It was a fun night for sure.
The cows have been getting out looking for something green, Jack and Kent had found a spot behind the old pool where they thought they were getting out from, they got it fixed with the promise to check the rest of the fence come the weekend. So Kent and I get the 4 wheelers and off we go into the unknown (for me anyway) The woods are so overgrown with underbrush and vines it is hard to get to the fences. Kent said at one time you could drive the tractor down each fence line. Well not anymore! It was a tangled mess.Well I seen with my own 2 eyes this "Recovery Camp" that adjoins our property. OMG!! it was so scary. Kent and I was looking for a fence when we came up on it. I never saw the men sitting out there and I was screaming at Kent What the Hell is all of this!!!??? Kent did see the men and just kept saying This Part of the Fence is good Nen, come on! Well my 4 wheeler kept dying and if it dies in gear it is a bitch to get re started. So I was having hell trying to get thru all this brush and look at that camp and keep my ride running and when I finally got it all going again, I saw a candle just sitting on a table in the middle of that camp...That's when it dawned on me someone might be in there. So I got my shit together and started trying to catch up with Kent, by the time I got even with him it was at the opening of the wood line and cars were parked everywhere. Kent had killed his 4 wheeler waiting on me, and thats when he asked me if I seen them men. WHAT MEN??? He told me that is why he was saying the fence was fine to come on. The Good Lord looks after idiots...I then saw all those cars and started wondering about the number of people that was down in there. Scarry!!
Well we found another place where the fence is totally gone. It is on the gas pipeline that runs across the property. As we are leaving out I see this HUGE diesel tank on wheels...What the Hell is that!! Kent says I show you just keep following me. Then we come up on logging equipment and machinery like I have seen on Ax Men. We get to the big creek and cross it fine, but they have parked there equipment on the little creek and we can't get by. Aint no way I am going back the way we came, by that Mexican recovery rehab so Kent finds a way thru more brush and vines and we make it home. What a way to spend a Sunday!!
On the East side of our property we have the "Camp" now on the Southside we have loggers, West side is The Neighbors (Janie's family) only leaves the North side not invaded by anyone. Seems like our world is getting smaller.
Going to find something to do outside(on the North side) on this Labor Day 2011.
Happy Trails to all....Nenxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment