Wow, September was a blur..I was fixing brownies for the gkids after school today and Kentlee and Kyle both wanted to like the bowl...memories started flooding in on me. I can remember like it was yesterday Momma fixing a cake and me and Jackie fighting over the beaters on the mixer. I can also remember the saddest day ever.....The day Momma got a rubber spatula :( As long as I can remember she always used a big ole tablespoon to scrap the bowl with and it always left a big amount of batter in the bowl. So I would gladly give up my beater for the bowl. Then my day was destroyed by that spatula...dammit!
I am so proud of Carla for getting back to running. And proud Pam and Danny are settled into a neighborhood with close neighbors. I think of both of you alot, just don't get the time to call or visit. I miss playing Canasta with Pam and miss laughing with Carla.
Jeannette is coming in for the big wedding (James and Ashley) my nephew and bride to be, so excited. Jeannette has her house on the market, I hope it sells and she can move up here with us. I miss not having her alot too.
Kharley got Jr. Livestock Showmanship Buckle at the Rains Co FAir. We were so proud of her. She sold Hank and has a little time to breath now. Her 5th grade year is flying by, she was chosen to be a Junior Counselor at the Intermediate. Sound little but it really is a big deal. The principal nominated her for all the help she gave him in the bus when he had to drive her route. Also for her maturity. Yep, she is growing up so fast.
This past weekend, the MAN CAVE crowd had a benefit skeet shoot, auction and fish fry for Charles Covey. Charles was paralyzed on Easter 2011 from an accident while playing with his kids in the yard. So Sad! He is the husband of Kaysi Matlock and they have 2 daughters and He has 3 sons by another lady. So here is a man with a wife and 5 children confined to a wheelchair with limited mobility. He has been in rehab at Dallas Baylor for several weeks and is expected to be released the first week of Nov. Kaysi surprised everyone when she drove up and had Charles with her. This was the first time he had been home since April. I cried and cried. What a surprise. What a tragidy.
I know it was all over FB but I just got to say HOW MUCH FREAKING FUN it was to perform again with the RAINETTES!! I had my doubts to start with at that first practice, then the last practice we still had not all got to practice together and I was dreading it...and then BAMM!! It fell into place like it was 1976, all over again. So I had gained a bunch of rolls, who the hell cares, I was having a blast and our drill team got a standing ovation!! So Proud of all of us. Thank you so much!!
It is Wednesday and Kent is at the BS session up the road, Janie cleaned my kitchen and has taken the gkids home for baths and homework, I think I will watch a little TV Harry's Law to be exact and hope to update again soon.
Good nite to all and to all a good nite......Go Rangers!!! love Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment