For whatever reason, Kent is having a real hard time this year with Mother's day. He wants to go to the cemetery tomorrow, first Mother's day in 3 years. Hughlene died in August of 2007. He has been to the cemetery maybe 4 times in the 4 yrs she has been gone. I on the other hand have been to visit with Mom Doe Daddy, Granny and Granny Pa about 1 a month since Mom and Granny have been gone. I won't ask Kent to go to Woosley tomorrow, we will just visit P-Ridge, I think Mom will understand.
Today was Founder's Day at the city of Emory. I have never really participated much with that event, but this year we sat up a card table (we Carla, Morgie and I) for our Rains Alumni Association We had a Banner ....The banner was bigger than the table I brought, so we just wrapped it around it..Funny, Silly looking but the company was wonderful and I got to visit with lots of Alumni.....brought Kent some lunch and went back to the city Park for 'The Duck Races' Kharley, Kentlee and Kyle each had a..1..one..duck and all thought they would win that Wii system....I think the odds where against them, about 400 ducks in the creek and the first one to pass thru this slot was the winner.......and I'll be dang, the number 1 duck was the one in the lead for the first 15-25 feet of the race it was turned upside down and you could see the number.....at first I thought WTH! then it started to slow down and looked like it was taking on water....and the rest of the ducks got pushed up to the shoot....it was neat hearing the kids scream out the numbers......I'm not sure who won but it was NOT Kharley Kentlee or Kyle not sure who won the homemade Ice cream contest or the 42 contest.....then the Flaming Duck race...this is a race between the local VFD's from Point, Emory and East Tawakoni....with real ducks. I kinda thought they were gonna set a duck of fire, but someone said it was called Flaming for the Fire depts.....ok well anyway, each city had a volunteer to grab 1 live duck jump in the creek and try to shoo the duck down to the bridge. SOO Funny!! East Tawakoni's duck took a turn and went to the donut shop direction, she spent the majority of the race trying to catch her duck, the Point and Emory was in a dead heat and right before each duck got to the bridge, they each turned around....NO winner so they tried again. Emory Volunteer dove into the creck almost right on top of his duck, while Point Volunteer, just kinda begged her duck to please go under the bridge.....after it was all over Point is STILL THE CHAMPION FLAMING DUCK WINNER!! I think the anouncer said the 4th year in a row for Point...I love it when Point dominates!
It was all in all a good day, my grandkids seemed to have a good time as I did. Hope all the Mom's that read this have a great day tomorrow. Each of you deserve it.
Thanks Carla for making my day....
Happy Trails and Mothers Day from Nen --May 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment