Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Think Warm thoughts

I'm thinking fishing in the pool waded up to my knees with my fishing pole. Okay I am fixing to move over there to the really mossy area where I know there is a perch bed, can ya'll hear my feet making that sucking noise when you feet is all buried up in a muddy muck of the stock pond. I am catching perch as fast as I can since I moved over here.  The hot summer sun feels so good on my shoulders, I have sweat running where I hate for it to be running.  Oh No Macky, (the dog) don't jump in by me!!! Dammit, all the perch are gone now. 
The pond I want to be fishing in RIGHT NOW is almost frozen completely across it.  It not thick enough to walk on but still its frozen.....Now that is cold!  I thnk my feet are the coldest too.  I go barefooted when I am home, I hate wearing shoes and socks inside the house, and I can't think of another time my feet has been this cold.  Janie and Jeff are experiencing frozen pipes so they have been coming down here to bathe and when the kids get out of the tub, they come running thru the house.  I look at there feet and cringe, cold little toes and feet....I start for the dresser to look for socks, don't care if they match of not, I just get cold looking at them. 
At school today we experienced our first "Rolling Black Out"  we were without elec. for about 20 minutes.  When the lights came back on, we were told in order to protect the server, we had to do without heat..  !!??
It's 18 degrees outside of the metal doors and haddock block building... 18 degrees, not counting in the wind chill factor so you know it was bitter cold rushing in when the doors opened.  Protect the server??? what about my feet!!!!! they are cold, forget the children, my feet are cold!!  Rumors were running wild, we may let out early, lets feed the children then we will send them home....feed the children................my feet are cold, anybody listening to ME!  I was so glad to see 330 get there.  The children are gone we can leave, my car has wonderful seat heaters and I rode home setting on my feet....

Okay here is some more G-Kid- ism :  they are all leaving and Janie tells them to thank me for letting them take a bath in warm water.  Kharley (10) gives me a big hug and says thanks and thanks for braiding my hair.  Kyle (3) Tank oo Nen for taking a baff...Kentlee (5) I like your bathtub Nen I'll be back 2mrw and take some more.

Yesterday they all stayed with me.  We watched Toy Story 3, MY Favorite movie so far......OMG  if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, it is woderful!! When it was over. I pulled every blanket, quilt,and cover that I had out and we made tents all over the living and dining room.  We had tunnels going under the swing, thru the dining chairs around the back of the couch.   Then I cooked a cake Tutz told me about, it's called Honey Bun Cinnamon cake......delicious....It is all gone, in one day.  I hope the kids had as much fun as I did.  I I I me me me, I never set foot outside the house yesterday, my feet were warm all day.  Today they have not been warm since I got out of bed.  I am going to bed tonite with socks on and I may put my socks in the microwave to warm them up before I go to bed. 
To everyone that is reading this Try to stay in as much as you can, stay warm and if you have elderly people in your life be sure and check on them, there feet might be cold.
Love to all and to all a good nite.    Nen

1 comment: