I have a cook book with that title..there is not a recipe one in it I would ever cook but I do love the title. And I am so ready to have the some sweet tea on my back porch with the screen doors. This has got to be the longest winter in the history of Texas winters. I love snow and cold, but getting real ready to be done with it. I thought I would never say this, but I'm ready to pack the flannel sheets away.
It has been so long since I updated this, I can't remember if I told ya'll Kent got a new truck. We kept the old one for the size and farm. We can fit all the family in the old one. The new one is just big enough for him and possibly 1 other if they are small. Single cab short wheel base full size pick up. The last one of those we had was in 91, gave it to Janie when she was a junior in high school, she gave it to Jeff when they married and he is still driving it. I just hope we can get 20 years service out of this one. Maybe we will give it to Kharley when she is a junior in high school.
Sad to say I won't be going to the Bahama's this year. Every year, Keep asking me Cord cause with me you never know what my schedule will be. I hope Sarah don't get caught in customs trying to smuggle cigars over here. You better watch her, you never know what she is going to do. I remember I was just happy when my luggage finally found me.
Talked myself and my friend Susan into a invitation to Pebble's house in Smithville during the Round Top trade days. Looking forward to seeing Net, it seems like a lifetime ago since she was here. Planning a long weekend in April feels good.
Talked with sister Susie the other night, she said "Your gonna think I'm crazy" yeah she said that to ME.. anyway she wants to have Easter at Bobbie and Doe's place. I reminded her we sold that place and Debbie and Henry might have other plans on Easter. She meant the 6 acres that is left to have an egg hunt at the pool and have the kids hunt eggs again at the farm. It's gonna make me cry, I know it will. Everyone is gone, that used to do all the cooking and planning and laughing and the softball game.
Every one remember Granny Jennie playing softball and sliding into home plate, She had to be in her 80's when she was doing that. Never broke nothing! AND she was SAFE!!
Then there was that Cold Snap that came on Easter Sunday when it turned so cold and windy, we all dug out coats and gloves and scarves. Mom and Doe had worked for a week getting every thing ready down at the pool for Easter and nothing was going to stop us from having it outside. Lots of "old" people there, so we gathered up big pieces of plywood for a wind break, had every one in a huddle trying to stay warm. All the little children in there Easter outfits so cute, but freezing to death. But we had some more fun...
Then there was the Easter we all had the family feud. Momma and Doe was walking back from Doug and Joyce's house and they had a dog "CUJO" it hated Momma. Doe could make it growl and nip at Momma heels, we saw the humor in this but somehow Momma didn't. It took a year for us to have another Easter after that ( yeah I know)
Anyway, I told Susie you call your side I will call my side and we will all meet at the Pool on Easter Sunday. ( I will pack a coat and ball bat just in case)
Gotta work tomorrow, TGIF!!!
Good nite to all and to all a good nite. xoxoxo Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment