I like the snow. I do I do I do!! I also like not having to worry about getting to my job in the snow. Kent for the first time in a while said "It ain't worth it" so it was a snow day for him as well. The gkids came down and we have had a blast today. Jeff had to work so Janie was acting just like the gkids and was jumping up and down to be outside. Kents gets the keys and a closet full of clothes on and cranks the 4 whlrs. Over the creek and thru the woods, they all go.....My beautiful picture perfect yard and pastures and tore up! But oh what fun it is to ride behind a 4whlr in a little tike turtle sand box lid......that dont really rhyme but golly gosh it was fun. Our 4whlr (thank you Paul) will do the BEST donuts! Jack's 4whlr will just dig and go! So after a while Kent let me play on ours (alot funner than Jacks) and I tore it up some more. We went to see how hard the pool was frozen. Kent had gkid #2 with him I was alone. He drove right to the edge of the frozen pool and I was thinking I hope he stops...well he did, but then it would no back out...so here I come to save the day!! And I ask him what the hell was he thinking....he just wanted to see if a cow stepped on the ice would it break....and if the front wheels would break it then he knew they could get water. WEll at the time that theory did not enter my mind. He is trying to get out of playing in the snow with me by driving off in to the lake, is what I was seeing......cow getting water my ass! Anyway between me screaming and him throwing muddy snow all over me I,,I,,II get him out of the pool.......(yall believe me right?)
So after that I take Gkid#2 home and we both go in the house to warm up and before you know we are both snoring our heads off. We wake up just in time to get a bath and go to visitation for a friend of ours.
This is a serious time and not to be taken lightly, we always "try" and have a little control of our emotions and actions at the funeral home, but not tonite...........!!!
Kent and I are looking for a parking spot that is not boot top deep in snow or icy mush. He thinks he finds one but when I open my door it is a lake. So he pulls up just out of the water and I get out. He tells me to go ahead so I do and I am waiting for him at the door. I wait and wait. He the hell is he, is he talking to someone did he find a better place to park? There were several people coming out of the funeral home and they are all looking in the same direction as they come out so I turned to see what they are looking at. Well there is a person on the ground over there by a chevy truck. That guy must have fell down, they start walking toward this guy and I am just looking at this guy thinking I wonder if thats Kent.....This guy is crawling toward the truck and slowly gets up and is still slipping ever time his feet get under him....No that aint Kent he would not fall it is to wet to be on the ground, surely that is not Kent...This guy finally stands up starts dusting the snow off of him and then gets a good footing and walks toward this crowd of people and it is Kent, he is laughing as hard as I am by now.
I say Kent was that you on the ground over there? He said who did you think it was? And why didn't you come help me? Well if anyone knows me he does, and he knew I was laughing to hard to help anyone.
So I help him dust what he can't reach off and we go on into the funeral home. He is soaked. We pay our respects and leave.
On the ride home He tells me he would have gotten the gold medal for his combination gymnastic/ice skating abilities. I know I would have given him a 10 if I had of only seen the beginning of the event.
Good nite to all and happy snow day of 2011-Feb 4
Love Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment