It's almost the 4th of July. Today the 3rd of July it has rained I can only remember one other July 4th it rained and it was 2008. It poured and me and 2 of the 3 grandkids walked in the creek in front of the house, we waded up to their knees not mine. Kyle was to little to play with us, so him and Pa sat on the porch with the parents and Kharley Kentlee and I got soaking wet on the 4th of July with no swimming pool in sight. Fun Fun Fun. I hope tomorrow it does the same.
After keeping the kids 2 days in a row I am pooped! Today Kent and I piddled around here. He on the outside and me inside the house. He got a few more toys on the porch, a peddle car and tractor. We are looking for the rocket we have, I think it is in the shop and he says he doesn't think so. One day he will learn to listen to me. I will have to go show him where it is...but that means I will be having lots of other treasures to play with also. There is the Pontiac sign I want to put on the back porch and I know it is in the eave of the shop, I want it down here, but Kent will have to get the extension ladder to get it down.
Kent and extension ladders are not the best combination. It seems like he manages to hurt hisself everytime one gets near him. I KNOW IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME TRYING TO HELP EITHER, Tutz and Jeannette!!!
One time we were cleaning up the trees in front of our new house and we did not own a pole saw. So the ext. ladder and chainsaw were the weapons of choice. Well Kent would climb all the way to the top of the ladder and I would do my best to hand him the saw and keep the limbs from falling on the ladder or him. I was only capable of doing one or the other. Take care of the saw or the limb, never both at the same time. Well the limb fell against the ladder and knocked it out from under him. I was watching him hang on to the saw (still running) and trying to move the limb, he was yelling at me to help him....what could I do, so I moved the ladder on out of his way so he could let go of the tree. It played out a little differently in my mind then it actually happened. He said to move the ladder SO I DID. I was scared the damn saw was going to cut him in half and he was scared of falling out of the tree. Well he survived the fall didn't he???
Another time he was building the carport with our neighbors help, it is all metal so he was welding it and he was standing on the very top of the same extension ladder and I noticed his shirt was on fire. I had got him this welder for Christmas one year and he loved it but to this day I am scared of it about as much as the chain saw. Anyway, he was ON FIRE on top of that ladder and I just knew he could not feel the heat because it was 110 that day in August, so I run as fast as I could to get the water hose, about the time I get it aimed at him he noticed me and the fire all at the same time. I was ready to drown him in order to keep him from being burned alive, he turned pale white and just kind of melted down the ladder yelling at me the whole time to never, never, ever use a water hose on a person holding a arc welder in there hand. Well he did not have to yell at me so loud, I would have taken the advice better in a calmer tone of voice.
That damn extension ladder has caused me more grief than I would have ever thought possible.
Kent has lost a good chain saw and a new shirt all because of that ladder. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a blessing. And I know that is Kent's thought too! Right Kent?
Going to bed, Hope all have a really safe 4th of July, so love to all and to all a good nite. Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment