Thursday, July 1, 2010

Aint it good to be back home again!

Hello to anyone that wants to read this. I have had the best summer of my life. Truly the summer of 2010 will go down in my history book as the best ever. I took a journal with me to the Bahamas and while I was recovering from a severe burn I started recording my journey. I was barely home 1 week when I left for ANOTHER vacation. Trout fishing.

The Bahamas were breathtaking. Our accomadations were Atlantis at The Cove. The view from our room was what post cards are made of. Absolutley out of this world and one that I never dreamed that I would be able to say I would experience. I kick myself to this day for doubting wanting to go on this trip. Kent finally said, it is something you will probably NEVER get the opportunity to do again you better go for it. So I got a passport and on the plane I went.
I am glad to say I am smarter than my luggage and I never got lost one time, even changing planes in Georgia. Yes my luggage got lost on the way to the islands and got lost again when I got back to Austin. But did I?? No I did not! So chalk one up for the gal from Alba with Point roots..
Got back home finally on Monday June 21. Net came to our house on Thursday the 24th We left on the 26th for my final vacation of 2010.

This one was trout fishing. I had my doubts because fishing was not a favorite childhood past time of mine, but I went along with the family and when Kent and I married we fished but mainly catfishing at Tawakoni or in the pool beside the house. Tutz always made the catfishing fun until she stabbed me in the foot with a catfish. Took all the fun out of it when you have to limp off the boat with a fish in your foot. From then on I always wore combat boots and hope the boat stays afloat. LOL.
But Susan had told me that she did not like to fish but trout fishing was the BEST. So off with the OBOY gang I go.
Susan was soooooo right!!! It is the BEST. If anyone out there ever gets the opportunity to go Trout Fishing..NOT Fly fishing, trout fishing with a spinner reel, DO IT!!
I don't know if it was our guide, the weather, the company, or what I just know catching browns on the Norfork river is as close to a sexual experience as you can get fully clothed.Even though I did not get to keep any of the browns we caught it is enbedded in my mind under the category of A double Awesome!
Did anyone guess what OBOY stands for? Not gonna tell ya. And for those that are worthy you will receive the t-shirt..LOL

Well I get to spend another day with my grandkids tomorrow. Guess what we did Today, we went F I S H I N G and no one got stabbed in the foot with a hook and we all jumped in the pool to save the perch!!! Another day of Making memories...
Don't fence me in! Love to all and to all good night. Nen

No comments:

Post a Comment