Get your attention? Well some might know this others not, Kent has been screening in our back porch for month's now, got it finished and it is wonderful. We had a lot of old barn wood left over and he decides to make a cabinet for the porch. (Deep breath, exhale) It has taken every spare moment and weekend since the last piece of screen went up to complete this cabinet. IT IS AWESOME. He is so picky when it comes to shit like this. He is also a machinist, which will drive anyone with a random thought crazy. He had the plan in his head and NO ONE is allowed to know what the plan is until he reveals it. It is so heavy, I could not move it or help him move it from the garage to the porch, so he called in reinforcements. Thanks Pete, (use a heating pad and ice bags, alternate it will help.) Anyway, while Kent has been really busy on the cabinet, I have tried to keep myself as busy, so I thought I would paint the raw wood on the outside of the porch. Got my paint, brushes, rollers and straight edge, opened that canof paint.....Now mind you I love the color RED, but candy apple, whore house red is not my favorite, so guess what color I managed to bring home..candy apple whore house red...I painted one board, thought maybe when it dries it will be darker, so I went to the west side of the porch and painted another board thinking if it dries faster in the west sun maybe it will be darker...So I stop Kent and I ask him, what do you think of this color of paint, he said "You remember your Mother's dining room?" I said " I think I will find another color of red, that better suits my taste and not my Mom's"
To be continued..
I can't wait to "see" what color you paint the porch.
ReplyDelete