Tuesday, March 7, 2017

9 lives or jobs or clubs or just too much stuff

I work at the courthouse in the county I have always lived in, pretty neat gig. When I accepted the position my boss, a guy I had gone to high school with, asked me to help out the Women's Service Club.  I thought why not, I'm really not needed that much at home so I will volunteer my time. One night a month and keep up with booking for the Rose Community Center. Then he asked me to be a part of the Chamber of Commerce in our county, again once a month meeting for an hour or two and home, I can do it. I had these two position made in the shade. Easy and nothing to it.  Then a member of the Historical Society ask me to come to a meeting.  The Historical Society manages the Heritage Park, which is a neat little park the hosts the 4th of July Event put on by the Women's Service Club.  Now when I say I work at the courthouse it is an 8 to 5 job, and I do have responsibilities that have to be seen to.  This time of year is busy, you really wouldn't think it but Eagle Fest, (Chamber Event) now in May is Founder Day at the Heritage Park (another Chamber event), so I thought I'll join the Historical Society, so I don't have to ask every time to use the keys to the park to consider event and vendors. Well I'll be danged if the Tourism board didn't ask me to be a part of that one too! I joined the tourism board but not as a voting member just go because it was in the middle of the day and I needed a break from the phones for that hour of the one day month they met.   I love all these little clubs and being a part of it all.  Keeps me active and accountable. I was rocking along just fine until a person came in my office today and said these horrible words to me.  " I just came from across the street and The Chamber told me you were in charge if my name was Jeannine"  What the HELL??? I thought I'll just tell him Jeannine aint here. My name is Maria.
Well I didn't tell him that but I sure thought it.  I did tell him I aint in charge o nuttin, and I  politely told Mr. Visitor he had been misguided but that I would try and answer his question.  He was asking who was in charge of procurement of technology.  Thank you Jesus, I sent him to somebody else!
There does come a time when you just shouldn't take on anymore, the things I want to do like volunteer to be the T-Ball referee is all I want to do.  I remember Mr. Renshaw being our referee when Janie was little and just how much fun it looked like he was having with the younger kids and helping them up when they fell or turning them to the first when they wanted to go to third.  Who has time for that? If I ever get to retire, that's what I want to do be a full time volunteer and hope someone remembers the Women's Service Club was part of the Chamber of Commerce that hosted events at the Heritage Park that the Tourism Board funded.  PLAY BALL!!


Happy Trails my friends..

2 comments:

  1. looks like you forgot you are on the Water Board...........lazy woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that you are blogging again! Great post. XOXO

    ReplyDelete