And so: Greeting Strangers and Howdy to you!!
For the other that have not realized my life has changed (other than Janie Drama) my sister, Jeannette has officially moved in with Kent and I..........................................................................)really long pause here)
take a deep breath, yes it is all good. She has cleaned my house to DEATH. And no she will not do it for anyone else. I have had several to ask, and I would farm her out if she would let me. She is forbidden in my room and my bathroom..this I know is eating her alive. Today is her birthday and I left her with a yard rake in her hand and smile on her face. She was going to outside all day! Burning and clearing the path to I have no idea. There is a limb to go on a brush pile and it is her day to do what she loves best. Burn!!
During one of our many adventures this past month, she thought we would just tackle a storage room and re organize it. This particular storage room had housed my great aunt's contents and I agree it did need to be sorted thru and I did need to dispose of a lot. I was separating one pile and she had a pile. We divided and conquered. Keep, Throw Away and Sell....What she was piling up to throw away I would work my way over and sort it to keep, she does not recognize a treasure with the same eye that I do...so be that as it may the throw away pile was the smallest, the Keep the Largest and the sell, well it might buy us supper. Going thru the boxed away clothes is where we had the best time. We laughed so much tears ran down our legs. No that was just me, but still we laughed and all this was bringing back so many memories of our family that has been gone for so long. The smells would bring back that afternoon we sat on the back porch and listened to the grass grow...whatever we were doing just the smell of those old rags was a memory I never want to forget. Well anyway we got to her clothing item and Net found hats, dresses, bathing suits. We tried on the hats, the only thing either one of us could wear, I had the stylish little number of a black and white crocheted skull cap, just perfect for today's fashion, NO NET I'm NOT Amish, but it was better than that stupid looking sleep bonnet you had on! It was clearly made out of left over flannel sheets and ugly! more laughter and tears....Johnny came out to see what we were doing and this is the moment we found the unspeakable.....Victoria Secrets has made a small fortune off of my great-grandmothers invention and we have not received a royalty check yet....yes lying in the bottom of a storage box of my GR8-grannies treasures were the first ever crotch-less underwear!!! Close your eyes and get this visual........ Great Big Old Granny Panties with the elastic still in tack and the crotch completely and neatly cut out with scissors. Not 1 pair but 5 pair of these very unique clothing items. The look on Johnny's face was priceless. I never knew eyebrows could go up and OVER the back of your head, well his did! Net and I were laughing so hard, again tears running down my legs....After we regained our composure, or should I say got up off the ground, we got to thinking what could this possible have been used for. I know they recycled EVERYTHING but what would they need the crotch of underwear for? (of my family that reads this, these articles brings to mind Granny Mc's assy rags)
Every day, so far, has brought on a new adventure with my sister and I, so as I can I will keep posted to the fun us two have been missing out on.....
My wish is that my daughter could see the humor in this goofy family she has no control over.
Happy trails are slowly returning and to all a great day!!
Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment