Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hot August Nights/Days/Hours/Minuets

Another hot one, the sconce of rain we got just seemed to make it hotter. So what else to write about: it will get cooler when it gets cooler.
I went to a funeral today. It was the first person that hired me right out of high school.  Sweet Sweet woman.  Very little family showed up. Only one son of her is left and her grandchildren. I didn't know much about her sons and daughter, just that she had 3 children and 1 son and the daughter have been gone for some time and the only son left lived in Florida.
She had many nephews and neices but only 1 showed up. It was just kinda sad that the ones that lived so close to her didn't love her enough to come to her funeral. My sweet friend (an in law to the deceased) read the euology and a beautiful poem and a grandson said a prayer at the grave site. In reality I guess that's enough, but it just made me sad. :(
Kent and I come home to help tackle Janie's yard.  She has been purging, as they say, and putting it all outside to be picked up carried off or hope it would blow away, well none of that  happened so we got a dumpster.  After 2 hours in the afternoon sun the dumpster is full and we were exhausted. It was good the kids were gone this weekend, cause I got a feeling Janie might of slipped in a favorite broken toy or twelve!
WE rested and then went for ice cream, and drove around both lakes.  Wow I wonder how they get the boats in the water. It all looks so low.  The ramps just end and no water for the boats to go into. Several boats out there, we just couldn't figure out what ramp they used. 
The Rainettes will perform at homecoming this year and the practices have been exciting, to say the least.  The girls from the 70's are a little old to do the moves of the 80's so the excitment begins.  It is challenging to fit in the moves, but I think we have a routine and all we need to do is practice and make appts with the chiropractor!
Well if you hit the wrong button to correct something it just post the blog for you.  Just wish I knew what button I pushed.
The tractor is home, I know everyone missed it as much as I did.  I guess you can say this is my inheritance from my grandpa. His tractor.  Kent has been using it for some time and has been able to fix most of the things that have gone wrong, but 2 things he aint good at.  Hydrolics and porche valve (?) something to do with the stirring.  Anyway Rog and Gary Lynn to the rescue, they took excellant care of it and brought it back in great shape.  I was glad. Right now Kent is shredding dead grass and locust bushes with it.
Okay the funny for last week:
My 3K's have been home all summer. To hot to play outside so coop up in the house all day.  Weather gets cooler ( a little ) in the evening and they all go out and make a playhouse in the yard. Scrap everything used to make a total household.
I drive by and Kyle (the youngest you know Not Marbin, but Tile) is playing, he stops me and proceeds to give me the tour. Dis the libbing womb, my baroom, and da kishin.  (living room has 2 litttle tike chairs and micro phone cord which represents the phone) (bedroom has a towel on the ground) (kitchen has a step stool with 2 glasses on it) Do you really need any more than that???

Need to ck on Kent and my tractor,
Carla, be sure and Thank Dylon for me and Congrats to you! lots of love
Pam, glad you finished another work week. Tell DCC I love them.
Nettie, thanks for the shirts and tongs your the best.

Good night to all and to all a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment