My week:
Monday-I kept Kentlee and Kyle, it was kinda cool so we stayed in the house most of the day. Played, colored, watch a little TV, no movies, Kyle sat most of the day in the little chair naked, that boy refuses to wear underwear, so I refused to give him any clothes.Janie took us to lunch and then nap time. Before we new it Mom was here to take them away from me. (Kyle told her all about "Nen made me sit neeked MOM!!" (little shit is so funny)
Tuesday- bought a push mower, lumber, 4 squash 16 tomatoe plants, fertilizer and black ribbon and thread.
Wednesday- I got to keep all 3 grands....Kharley is growing up so fast, I have to remember to treat her like an adult and no longer a kid. We went to McD's and a movie, Kentlee thinks he is Rango now wears cowboys clothes with 6 shooters and a cigar.(yeah a stick in his mouth) I let Kyle wear clothes because he promised he would not take off his underwear. ( I kept a close watch on him) Then to Braums for ice cream home in time for Mom to snatch them all away (again)
Thursday- Kinda cleaned house. I completed the one cabinet in our bathroom, one cabinet! I will never figure out why I don't just put the trash can inside this cabinet. All the trash seems to end up in there anyway. Soap wrappers, tops to hairspray cans, razor covers, toothpaste boxes.....half bottles of mouth wash...shampoo. Anyway it is clean I hope until the next Spring Break. Kent got off early to start his 3 day vacation, so I helped him with his gathering of goodies for the river. Ended up going to W-Mart at 10:30 for last minute items, that are so necessary for a river trip......hooks and a paddle.
Friday- We were to be on the river at 7, Stack and Tutz woke us up banging on the door screaming "Your Late" We crawl out of bed and have to finish packing the trailer and trucks with the rest of the gear we didn't load the nite before, We finally get to the Sabine at 9:30am unload all the crap and finally get to the fishing part of the vacation. 3 for me 4 for him, but we had so much fun in the boat. Kent had an old trolling motor, Bill Dance" model, he hooked it to the back of the boat so all the handles were away from him...he looked like a contortionist trying to steer and move around, we jumped a bunch of log jams a few we tried to get under, this did not happen....we don't bend like we used to. Got back to camp without falling out of the boat, (Thank You Lord, for this) and drank beer until dark thirty, I came on home, Kent stayed in the fruit stand.
Saturday- Ileft the house about 8am and when I drove by Janie's Kentlee was standing in the doorway and he waived at me.......I thought no, he is to little to go.....................so when we got to the river, I made him promise me he would not drown , he said ok. This next part was funny for some, and I will recover one day................Me and Kentlee were sitting on the banks of the Sabine and fishing our little hearts out, well I should say livers, that is all the fish would bite was chicken liver..........I hate c. Liver..hate the shit!!! I had baited Kentlee's hook, about 12 times because.....well he is 5...that's why, but I had finally got him fixed and mine in the water and sure enough got all hung up in the shit in the river, so I pulled really hard to free my line and hook from the tangled mess of the river and..........................................yes, it came un done and the liver slapped me in the face.........................................................the biggest blob of rotten stinking chicken liver you can possibly get on a hook slapped me in the face. I was sitting down (again Thank you Lord) I fell backward and just laid there for a few seconds and then I started feeling in ooze down my neck. This is when my stomach started churning and I was glad I was outside. I told Kentlee to get his pole out of the water and go to Pa. I glance over and Kent is looking the other way and I noticed his shoulders were moving up and down. I know the SOB is laughing at me, and I accept this as my lot in life for all the times he has provided me comedy in our life, but this was Chicken LIVER in my mouth and running down my neck! I am trying to get Kentlee, his pole, the rest of the damn liver my rod and reel to the camp site so I can come home! Kent can't get up for laughing!! OK, stop laughing long enough to help me! and Kentlee. Kent is not very agile on the river, it is kinda steep and you have to go around all the dead trees and vines and it is HOT....I am wearing liver and it is HOT!!! Please KEnt hurry!!I need clean water really fast....I give up I leave Kentlee with him and I haul ass to the little babbling brook close to the river and dive into it. (ok this is not true, but I wanted to dive into the little babbling brook of really clean water)I gget to camp and I washed up best I could with what resources they have at a camp site in order to get home. I throw Kentlee out of the truck and I scald my body and hair and gargle for 30 minutes. And believe it or not I returned to the scene of the crime for the best fish fry EVER!! Them boys of the bottom can sho nuff cook some fish! It was G double O D good!
Sunday- Time to break camp and let the cleaning begin,,,,I hope to have all the pots and pans put up by the time I go to bed.
Good nite to all and to all a good nite. Nen (chicken liver hater)
Love it!!!! You always make me laugh.....with my back to you, just like Kent!
ReplyDelete