2.98 is what I paid per gallon today for gas. thank you brookshires for the points! The tomatoes are still good, enjoying my samwitches, the pool is wonderful entertainment for the grands, this summer is flying by.
I registered the boyz for VBS at Emory BC this week, they are really enjoying it.
It has taken me a few weeks to realize the meaning of don't sweat the small stuff. To kids it is huge but the big picture, who give a shit if the dishes aren't in the dishwasher, if there are clothes to be folded, if the damn dog is in the house for the 100th time of the day. I look at the kids and they smile and laugh and PLAY. Entertaining them is nothing. I do try and keep an eye out for harmful stuff, but I figure if they are used to seeing wasp spray on the porch table, then it won't be a surprise if they see me use it. WHICH brings us the biggest, ugliest, biggest spider in the world today on the OUTSIDE screen (thank goodness) I say--Well we won't bother him and maybe he will go away. I lock the screen door (duh and yes he could open the door if he wanted to) and go about doing something else (like loading the gun) and when I return Kharley and her friend have gone outside and captured SpiderZilla and put it in a critter box!! So now I have a captured spider dinosaur in a cage looking at me when I go outside.....It does NOT like his new digs. It growls at me I swear! the boyz make a wide circle around the table because they are scared as I am of this Monster and Kharley is happy to have a pet in the critter box. geez!!
At the time all are playing there are tons of things that need to be done and I sit here in the A/C wishing I had a job to go to for adult conversation!!
I haven't got to go fishing in a week, so I am missing out on the biggest fish of my life, I just know it. Our friend Deb had total knee replacement surgery so she will not be able to make love to her fishing pole again for a while. \o/
Next week Kent is on vacation, I hope we don't work the entire time and have a few days to fish or go somewhere. Pam you come on down when you get a chance and we will do some moon light fishing if nothing else! I hope everyone is having a good summer to all be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment