I love to NOT cook. Clean up is a breeze for sure. Kents home, belly is full and yep the TV is ON. So I am back to the BLOG.....
I was thinking about Thanksgiving and I am going to try and have everyone here at the house again. Then the next weekend is the McKenzie Christmas....let the games begin!!!
I will be sending out the invitation to the McK Christmas soon hoping to get everyone excited about. Or try and get some enthusiasm built up, and it will I know. I just get overwhelmed once and then it is over. I had this idea about McK Christmas presents. I wanted to do our own cookbook. I know the men of the McK clan will be thrilled! I had the idea and I was going to use Snapfish and put it in an album form. Gonna see how saavy I can get with this. OH CARLA!!?? lol.
For James and Ashley's wedding, Jeannette bought 8-10 mums for the reception, they looked so nice on this big patio at the Oaks, they also look nice on my front porch. Thank you Nettie!
Sunday afternoon before we started cooking supper we walked down to the pool to fish. Net, Kent Sarah and me. I catfish I do not bass fish, so at first I just knew it was going to be a pleasant outing for me just enjoying watch them catch fish and me untangled wasp nest from my reel. That is my norm. Well just guess who caught the biggest damn bass for the day......Yep It was ME! Pure skill that is all it was pure skill. Kent said it would go about 3 or 3.5 lbs. Now our pools is as low as they have ever been and between all attacking the pool, the fish was just getting clobbered from all the lures coming at them. Except the one I threw in cause I know what I'm doing. between all of us Sarah cleaned about 10 lbs of bass to put in the freezer. That gal can clean the fish. Kent kept the knives sharpen and she and Net had those fish filet'd in no time.
Here is the funny for you Net.....When I pulled that 10lb bass in on the bank, I carefully walking him to the stringer of fish and the weight of that fish and the water level of the pool, sucked my right leg into the muck up to my knee. I had stepped forward and bent over to get the stringer to put that 15 lb bass with the rest of those tiny little bitty other minnows, they called fish, and thought I would drop my 20 lb bass when I couldn't get my foot out of the mud hole.Finally Sarah came over and took that 25 lbs fish out of my hand and I was able to pry my leg out of the hole.
My fish story I'll tell it the way I want to.
Kent and I walked back up to the house to start the charcoal for supper and let Sarah and Net fish for as long as they wanted to. We were sitting on the porch and could see them dragging the fish up from the pool to the truck. It was a pretty neat picture. Kinda one of those Hallmark moments.
Okay it's 8;30 so I am going in there and wake Kent up so he won't miss his favorite show. HillBilly Handfishing......oh Lord. If you seen this, you might be a redneck.
Love to all my family and friends, until we meet again.Happy Trails. Nen
No comments:
Post a Comment